Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Noah and Justin have been in the hospital for 8 days now. Noah has improved dramatically. He is down to room air with only ½ liter of flow. He has been moved out of the ICU and sounds so much better. The cough is minimal now and his lungs are clearer. He is still a bit tachypnic and so they will keep him until that is under control. They put both him and Justin on zantac to try and help their reflux. They were on neosure in the hospital instead of the sensitive formula at home and they really had a hard time with it. It was awful, you could actually see how uncomfortable and painful it was for them both to eat. Noah did have a feeding tube for 2 days. He pulled the IV out of his neck himself and so they decided not to put it back in thank God. He is feisty! Justin is kind of hanging not getting worse but not quite better. He still sounds like crap, congested and coughing. He is eating like a pig though. He too is tachypnic and tachacardic at times still on half liter of oxygen at 30 percent. The dr. thinks they will be home at the end of the week or the weekend. I can’t wait to get them home again. I miss them so much! I do not, however want to have them home too early and end up back there. They have both lost a little weight which is a bummer.
Mason is still home with us. I am constantly watching him and making sure he is ok. I don’t sleep. I feel so scared all the time. He is a little congested and I feel like he is breathing fast. The night nurse is coming tonight. Even though we only have Mason it will give me a night to sleep. I know I wouldn’t sleep if he was with anyone else. Hopefully she can tell me whether he is “tugging” when he is breathing. I have to say, I thought I would be so scared when I first brought them home but I really wasn’t. I felt really good. And now I am afraid all the time.
Logan is feeling better thank goodness. He is so much fun. He is talking up a storm and so incredibly happy all the time. Well, except for the occasional whining session.
My sister was here over the weekend which was nice. She was able to see all the boys and it was good to have my whole family around me. I feel like I have been out of touch for the past 2 weeks. I am so consumed by what is going on I have barely talked to anyone. Thank you to everyone for the emails and support. I am sorry I have been out of it.

1 comment:

Dana said...

Hey you guys,
I wanted to let you know that I think you are amazing parents, the boys are so lucky to have you both. My thoughts and prayers are with you EVERYDAY! Please let me know if there is anything I can do…. Tracey, I really miss you! if you ever need to talk I hope you know that I’m here (I know you don’t have time.. but I want you to know I’m here if you need me) I can’t wait to see those cuties… so I can give them lots of hugs (and some kisses too :))

Luvs and Huges
Dana