Saturday, April 4, 2009


Another week flown by! The boys went to the dr. this week. Mason is now 9 pounds 14 ounces, Justin is 9 pounds 5 ounces and Noah is 8 pounds 8 ounces. They are getting so big. Noah still looks like such a little peanut though. Mason is a ham. They adjusted their Zantac dosage and I am hoping that will help. Seems they have gotten worse with spitting up as they gain weight. It's like you are constantly chasing the right amount since they are growing so fast. I'm not complaining though. I am so glad they are growing!! My mom and dad were here everyday helping out this week. They come early in the morning and help all dy into the night. We also have a teenager coming from 5-8 after school to help while I get Logan to bed. Our house is always crowded. But, I apprecitae all the help so much and know it would be so hard without it.
I had one of the worst nights so far with the babies. I think it was Wed. night. I went to sleep at 8:30 and Bob got me up at midnight. They had been really good for him. I got out their and Mason was due to eat. Once he finished and went to sleep it was Justin's turn and then Noah woke up. While I was feeding Noah, Justin decided to freak out for about an hour. I ended up feeding him another couple ounces because I couldn't figure out what the heck was wrong. He sucked it down and kept screaming. In the meantime, 4 hours had passed and Mason was waking up to eat. I finally had to wake up Bob. I just couldn't handle all three freaking out at once. It was really the first time I have just been done with it. The sleep deprivation makes it hard but I am just tired of the infancy stage. I remember feeling this way with Logan. The first 3 months are just so hard and we have it longer since they were so premature. The first month was really 2 months. I wish I could take maternity leave when they turned 4 months old!! Don't get me wrong, I love my babies and am blessed beyond belief but I really prefer when they are a bit older, sturdier, can hold their heads up and are distractable. Plus the walls of our house are closing in on me. I am so sick of winter and cold weather. The days that it has been nice out it is so windy I can't really get them out of the house. Or I am so tired I can't motivate. So Thursday night I went out to dinner with the triplet moms in South Jersey. They are so amazing. The kids range in age from 4 to my babies. They have all been through this and they really made me feel like I wasn't crazy! They gave me really good suggestions and assured me it will get better! That and several glasses of wine and Friday I was a new woman. It really does help to talk to people who understand what you are feeling and don't judge you for it.

Today Logan and I went to an Easter egg hunt in Moorestown. It is so windy though and the egg hunt lasted like 30 seconds. Oh well. Tomorrow we are headed to NYC with my mom and Allison to visit my sister Chrisanne. I am very excited. I think Logan will love it and it will be a nice road trip for the girls. Bob and my dad are staying with the babies. Should be an interesting day!!


All 3 of the babies have started to smile. Haven't heard too much cooing yet but I am hoping that will come this week since they are about a month old. Their development milestones are so hard to predict since you really don't know what their age is.


I am hoping that the weather will be nice now and we will get the babies outside as much as possible. We still will not take them to any public places or around other children as they still have suppressed immune systems and have a tough time fighting infection. Even full term babies have no immune system until they are 3 months old. They go to the dr. on April 17th for their second set of shots. At that point the weather should be good and they will be a bit bigger.


I am posting a more recent picture where you can really see their faces. They are getting so cute. Mason is just like Logan was. Justin is totally a McCoy and Noah is definitely his own man.


Hope everyone is doing well. Happy Easter to you all!!

2 comments:

gino215 said...

Happy 1st Easter Commack triplets
I miss you. I will be over to see you as soon as the urbanski triplets are healthy again. You are so big now and cute. Keep up the great work Tracey.

Lorraine & John said...

Ok you Commacks, we are on the other side of the Atlantic and we need all the news. Anyone would think you had a lot to do.