Tuesday, April 14, 2009




The babies are 4 months old this Thursday. I cannot believe it. And Logan is 22 months. Of course they are only 6 weeks adjusted so they are not acting like they are 4 months old. NYC was so much fun. Logan loved it. We went on the carousel in Central Park and went to FAO Schwartz. He was amazed by everything. We really had a great time and it was fun to visit Chrisanne. I don't get up to NY very often. The week was ok although Noah contracted some sort of GI virus and was projectile vomiting for several days. I was back at the pediatrician with him to make sure he was still gaining weight and didn't need to have his belly scanned. It's funny, with a full term baby I would have never thought to worry about a GI disorder. Turned out just to be a bug and he was over it by the end of the week. As soon as the bug was gone he was starving! He is now taking 5 ounces like his brothers and I think he is going through a growth spurt. He is sleeping better, probably because he is finally eating enough. He was so hungry when he had the bug but would throw up every time we fed him so he was generally miserable. Mason got the bug a little too but only for a day or so. We took the babies over to see Bob's father last Saturday. Their first trip out (except for the dr. visits.) Mason stayed home with my parents cause he wasn't feeling very well. It was nice to get them out but it was a little hectic. Bob's sister Marianne was there with her son Colin and Justin and Noah were a bit fussy. But all in all it was a nice day.
Easter Sunday was chaotic. Seems everyday is like that. We took Logan to church with us, Bob and my sister (who came down from NYC) stayed with the babies. He was pretty good. At one point when a song had finished and the church was completely silent Logan said quite loudly "All done" It was pretty funny. We had Easter dinner at our house. We actually were able to get all 3 babies to sleep and sit down for dinner together. It was short as Mason woke up to eat but it was really nice while it lasted. Logan had a little Easter egg hunt. 12 eggs took like 30 minutes!! I guess he is a little young:-) He also ate too much chocolate and got really hyper. That wasn't very fun but it's only once a year.
So far I have learned the following about the babies. Justin is super sensitive to everything. He doesn't like his brothers to be upset and he gets very bothered by his flailing arms. He needs to be swaddled and in his own quiet place to sleep. Mason sleeps a lot and fusses only when something is really wrong. He is what would be considered an easy baby. Noah is like the little professor. He stares very intently and always looks like he is deep in thought. Noah and Justin are definitely higher maintenance and get annoyed if you are holding the other one. Jealousy begins already!! They are all smiling and almost laughing. I hear a couple coos here and there but I have to say, I am constantly going from one baby to the other. I find it is hard to spend quality time playing with them. Since they eat at different times they are awake at different times and having a routine is just impossible at this point. They are only 6 weeks old really so I am not too worried about it for now. When they are 8 weeks old I am hopeful they will start to sleep through the night and I will be able to get them all on the same schedule. But who knows. It really is a crap shoot! It has taken me 2 days to write this as I am always getting up to get one of the babies.
Bob and I decided to put the house up for sale. I am scared to death and I am also so excited. We are looking in Mount Laurel . I can't wait to be in a place with more space. This house is just too small. So anyone looking for a house let me know!
My parents continue to come over everyday to help with the babies and my dad has done a bunch of stuff around the house getting it ready to sell. Allison is over all the time and helps so much. Chrisanne came down and stayed late into the night so Bob and I could get some sleep. My sister in law Lisa is coming on Thursday evenings to give my parents a break which is great. It can be so exhausting being here everyday. I am so lucky to have them and have really enjoyed spending time with them. To Lorraine and John who are across the pond, we miss you terribly. Logan yells John every time we pass your house!!

1 comment:

leslie said...

Hey Trace,

Your boys are getting so big. Smiling? I can't wait to see that.

I just found out that Rory has been approved to come home from May 7-19, so I don't want to leave here before that. I can come on the 19th or anytime after that. He really needs a break from that place, so I'm glad he got his request approved. He and a couple of other mids want to run a couple of triathalons in the state of Fl during that time and because they are for charity, the academy likes things like that.

Mom is doing OK. It's been 2 weeks since her surgery. Most of her pain is gone, so it was worth it, but she is irritable, anxious, hates the neck collar, her voice is very different, she's lost weight, seems so frail to me....

Conor is in Texas. Sarah went to visit him this week. It's his 24th birthday, can you believe it? He likes it there and is getting ready to start flight training.

For all of you that haven't met the triplets yet---I spent a week with Tracy and Bob helping out. Those babies are so precious!!! They are very good babies, it's just that there are THREE of them , so we were constantly busy. I learned that I an NOT nocturnal. ha . And then there is Logan who is the light of his parents life. They adore him so, and want to spend as much time with him as they can. At 22 months, he has a tremendous vocabulary, so smart..every day when he came home from school til the time he went to bed , I tried to keep the babies happy so mom and dad could dote on him. A couple of nights, John and Lorraine came over and we enjoyed a bottle of wine, it got us thru the witching hour lol!! We laughed a lot, I know that. Logan does love John.

I'm glad the teenager is working out to help you in the evenings. She seemed like a nice girl.
Wow!! The house is for sale. You just have to go for it, see what happens. It's all in God's hands. Mt Laurel has Bikram yoga!! I remember seeing it at Logan's christening. Terry and I thought it was a beautiful part of New Jersey, nothing like Rahway where he's from , although we hear they are fixing that town up a lot.

Let me know how the end of May works for you. I'm flexible.
Aunt Leslie