Thursday, April 23, 2009

The boys are now 4 months old and they are huge. We had their well visit Tuesday. Mason and Justin are both 11 pounds 11 ounces and Noah is 10 pounds 1 ounce. You'd think at that size they would all be sleeping through the night but no such luck!! They are all smiling now and make great eye contact. Although Mason is a little lazy about it at times! He is definitely a little lazy. But that's ok. It is helpful to have one mellow kid. Justin and Noah can be challenging especially in the evenings still. Our night help has decreased significantly because she has another job. I knew about it before we hired her but thought they would be sleeping better and so I wouldn't mind. The nights can be brutal. Last night I slept from 9:30-1:30 and when I got up i was never able to lay back down. One was either fussing or eating or needed to be rocked. It is really tiring. I know Bob is exhausted at work too and I feel bad but I just can't do the whole night by myself. My parents of course, are still so helpful. By the time they go back to Florida I am afraid they will never want to come back! Everyday is so busy. We found a house that we really love and put a bid on it but of course need to sell this one first. I am a little stressed about that and keeping the house presentable is tough with 4 kids. I am lucky if I get them in the bath once a week. I guess that's ok for now since they don't really get very dirty. I intend to bathe them everyday but something always happens to sidetrack me. Laundry is endless. The burp cloths alone are unbelievable. Thank goodness we have a good washing machine! One of the triplet moms I know came over for a few hours Sunday to help so Bob and I could sleep. She brought her former nanny. So I of course discussed with her working for us periodically. She is going to come Saturday to watch Justina and Noah and I am going to take Logan and Mason to visit my friend Kim. And Bob finally will be able to go golfing! I am so happy for him. It is always nice to have a day away from the kids. They are so wonderful but it is all consuming. They will be 8 weeks adjusted next week and I am hopeful that it will start to get easier. We'll see.
I know my posts are all over the place but I just write whatever pops in my head and I frequently get pulled away so I don't even know where I left off.
Logan is doing really well but is definitely entering the terrible 2's. He can be very defiant at times and since we are so exhausted our tolerance is lower than normal. I work really hard to be patient with him since he doesn't deserve to be the outlet for my frustrations or exhaustion. He is such a good kid and so loving and caring. He is pretty good with the babies. He kisses their heads and feet and one night even made Justin laugh. He was so excited and happy!! I can't wait till they can play and interact. We are switching his school soon. Hopefully very soon. One more transition for him which I am upset about bu I am not happy with several things there and it is just time to get him out of there.
Our house is being shown this morning so I must get the babies out of here and over to my sisters. Thank God she lives so close and doesn't mind our invasion for an hour. She comes home from Poland today. Yeah!!! I have waited to watch American Idol with her and I can't wait to see who was voted off. So don't ruin it for me!!!
Hope everyone is enjoying their spring. Even if it has been raining and miserable a lot. Here's to a beautiful May!!

1 comment:

Mojo said...

Thank you for sharing your life and your thoughts (albeit "all over"). I am friends with both Alison and Chrisanne and have been hearing about your journey for a while, and reading your blog. You are remarkable in your willingness to share and I hope you get some sleep soon!