Monday, June 1, 2009

Another Blog entry from Bob:
It’s been a while since I wrote in the blog. Tracey usually does this. It seems that I will be taking over much of these duties now that I am going to be a stay at home dad. For those of you who do not know, Tracey and I decided that for the next 6-8 months that one of us should stay home with the babies. I drew the short straw. Just joking, but it is going to be one of the toughest things I have ever done. I keep hearing how I will start to talk to adults in baby talk, and start wiping people’s mouths while out to dinner with my spare burp cloth in my back pocket at all times. I am getting my holster next week that holds two 6 ounce bottles on each hip. I will be prepared!
We went for the developmental follow up last week. They are a little over 2.5 months adjusted age and it has been a little over 5.5 months since they were born. Mason weighed in at a whopping 15 lbs, Justin at 14lbs, 3oz, and Noah at 12lbs, 10oz. Justin would weigh more, but continues to have reflux issues and spits up quite a bit. The Dr. told us that their weights are off of the charts for being premies and to cut out the bottle or 2 they were getting in the middle of the night. It was getting crazy with no schedule and feeding on demand. We were also able to start to introduce solids, so rice cereal was started immediately. This is the 4th night that we attempted to cut out the bottle at night and get them to bed around the same time. It seems to go like this, Mason and Noah usually falls asleep between 8:00-8:30 and get up around 3:00 or 4:00. Have 3oz (dream feed) and go right back to sleep until 6:00-7:00. Justin usually falls asleep after much discomfort around 9:00-9:30, gets back up around 2:00-3:00, has 3oz, and takes some work to get back in his crib. He usually ends up in the swing at this point because it gets him back to sleep the quickest. It is going to be a slow transition, but each day they show progress.
Developmentally, they did pretty good. They all did well tracking, smiling, (Noah and Justin laugh all of the time, Mason is catching up) and pretty well on their belly. Justin is the worse of the 3 right now with his neck. It needs some work. We were showed quite a few different techniques on how to strengthen their necks and back. We are starting to get a routing down during the day for all of the babies 2x a day. We need to get a chart going because half way through the day I cannot remember who did what and when! I remember this being easier with Logan, but then again, it was just 1 baby to concentrate on and not share time with 3 at once. We go back in 30 days to the Dr. to see how they have progressed. This is going to be a test for the babies and for us. The day goes by so fast and we have to find time to do the exercises with the boys. I also have to start getting a routine down for myself. It is going to be a lot of fun over the next few months, but I know it is also going to be a lot of work!
Logan continues to amaze me with his language and athletic ability. I love when he comes up to me and points outside and says either, “outside…golf” or “outside, ball” of course this is baseball. I got him one of those big barrel whiffle ball bats and he puts the ball on the little red cone and whacks it pretty good. Then he runs around and hits it on the ground like he is golfing. I have to start looking for a golf cart that hold 5 so all of the boys can go golfing with me. They may want to walk the course, but no thanks. Where would I put my adult beverages? Logan’s birthday is coming up and we are getting him a bike. He is so excited. Tracey and I ask him all of the time what he wants for his birthday, and we ask if he wants a bike and he says “soon” as if he knows he is getting it and telling us to back off and just get it already. It is truly a blessing and more than I could have hoped for watching him develop into my little man. We are going to the zoo this Tuesday for the 1st time to see all of the animals that we have been reading to him about since he was born. It is going to be so much fun watching his face. I am going to video tape the whole thing.
This weekend flew by as usual. We still have not sold our house but it looks promising as people continue to look at it. The next year is going to fly by and the boys will outgrow this house very quickly or the walls will just come crashing down from all of the activity. Either way, the Commack family is doing well and we look forward to sharing more blog entries with all of you soon.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Bob and Tracy - This is Jenn Robinson from the Dr. Mullen team :-). Bob I would love to invite you guys for my daughter's 2nd bday party on July 25th. I know it's still a long way but I know how fast time flies. Please do email me at JennGrace@comcast.net.
I love the entry about how you will get the holster with the baby bottles. I was on the floor laughing!
Jenn Robinson