Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Hello everyone,
I want to start off my blog by saying hello to my dad and that I will see you later down the road. As many of you know that read this blog that my dad passed away on June 16th. I will miss him terribly, but will keep his memory alive through me and my 4 boys.

It is 2:50 AM and I just put Justin down to sleep. (again). They are all so off their somewhat loose schedule that I was trying to nail down for them. This past week has just been all over the place. They all generally fall asleep around 8:00-8:30 at the latest. Noah generally sleeps all night until around 6:00-6:30. Mason wakes up 50% of the time around 3am-4am, takes 2-3oz and goes back to sleep until 6:30-7:00. Now, Justin....He falls asleep after 20-30 mins of restlessness and leg kicking. Then lays down for 2-3 hours, wakes up, we rock him a bit, and place the binky back in his mouth. Then he falls asleep until around 3:00 am. He wakes up around this time 6 out of 7 days a week. We try to get him back to sleep, but end up giving him 3 oz then he goes back until 6:30-7:00. They all get up around the same time in the morning, have a full bottle, are up for about 1 hour and then sleep for 1.5-2 hours. We then get up and do some exercises. Mason needs to work on his neck muscles and symmetry the most. Justin is excelling faster than the other two. It is nice to see progress. I KNOW, I need to start letting them cry it out a bit and skip the bottle. Someone buy us a bigger house so they wont hear each other....

Today was my first full day as the stay at home dad by myself. My in-laws left on Saturday to go back home to Florida. They will be missed very much. Staying at home today was pretty much what I expected. It is going to be a tough road ahead with a lot of patience and ear plugs needed. There was only 1 time today when they were all crying. They had just eaten after waking from a nap. Of course this is the only time that Tracey called so I debated not picking up the phone, but I did. So, I am thinking now what do I do to get them to stop? They just ate and napped. I picked up Noah first because he was crying the hardest, and swaddled him up. They all just needed 1 more burp and then fell back asleep for 30 more mins. I took them for about a 20-30 minute walk around the lake and development. Most people walking by stop and stare and ask questions. The best is,"do triplets run in your family?" I tell people, actually quads do, so I got cheated! Out of all of the questions to ask, why is this the most curious to ask? I would have so many different questions to ask someone who had multiples. Or the question is, " is it tough?" I would love to respond, "nah, I have my servants enter from the east wing of the house after they take out my trash, cut my lawn, and wash my Ferrari. Then they tend to the babies all day while I go fish, golf, and sleep. They fill me in on what the babies did all day so I can tell my wife what happened during the day." Ok, so I am laying on the sarcasm pretty thick right now, it is afterall, 3:10am. I have to go to sleep. We have a showing for the house tomorrow. It is the girls 3rd time coming back! She better buy it now, after all of the cleaning I have to do each time. I am going to invite her to my neighbors Luau. It was his idea. She can meet all of the neighbors and help her decide. I am not sure if this is good or bad? Just kidding, all of my court is amazing and I would love to stay where I am at. Tracey and I are going to miss all of them so much.

Overall, the babies and Logan are doing well. Tracey and I are surviving. We have to get out on a date night by ourselves soon. It is tough, and we just high five each other in the morning as we pass each other with a diaper in one hand, bottle in the pocket, and a baby on our hip. We make a good team and I am looking so forward to so many memories with my family. I know my dad will be watching, so I have to make him proud.
Goodnight!!!

2 comments:

Marianne Greenwald said...

:o)
<<< hugs >>>

The Texas Trio said...

Yeah! Another brave (crazy) stay at home Dad of Triplets!!! I started about a little over a year ago and our Triplets will be Three in September.

You da man!

Al