Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Today the babies are 2 weeks old. I cannot believe all that has happened in those 2 weeks. Yesterday and today I went to the hospital. They are all looking great! When I walked in yesterday I was excited to see that Mason is off the vent! They had just taken him off and he had been doing well. Today he is still doing well with minimal brady's. He did get a transfusion and who knows, maybe that is what helped him. He just needed a little push. He is back up to 2 pounds 14 ounces and he is tolerating his full feeds well. They will look at adding some calories to his milk in the next day or so rather than increase the amount. Breast milk only has like 20 or 21 calories and preemies need more than that. Justin and Noah are boht doing well. Justin is at 2 pounds 13 ounces and Noah is 2 pounds 3 ounces. Both gaining weight appropriately even though it does fluctuate. They said it is ok if they lose a little and then gain as long as overall for the week they are gaining. Both are on good feeding schedules and tolerating the feeds well. When I was there yesterday all three looked so peaceful and cozy. I really felt like they needed their rest and so did not ask to hold them. When I spoke to the night nurse and told her that she said that the nurses appreciate when we recognize that. Today I was able to hold both Justin and Noah. Justin's pulse ox went down a bit after I was holding him for a while which is always a little scary. But he was quite comfy with me. Noah is so much tinier than Justin. his head is probably the size of a nectarine. He opened his eyes a lot while I was holding him. At one point he started crying really hard which i always think is good. He is excersing his lungs!! But then he had an apnea episode which scared the hell out of me. His heart rate dropped and we had to pat him hard on the back to get him back to breathing. His nurse told me that is completely normal and that as he gets older and stronger he will be able to bring himself out of it. It doesn't happen a lot. It still was not fun. But, by the time I was leaving he was fine and comfy again. I can't leave if there are any alarms going off. They all have to be quiet and comfy.
Tomorrow bob will be able to go see the boys. He has unfortunately had to work this week and since I am still not totally functional and logan is still pretty sick he has had to come home. I am hoping that we will get to hold Mason tomorrow since he got left out today. We are going to have many years ahead of us trying to make all things equal for the boys!!
Logan, as I said is still pretty sick. i feel so bad for him. But it's good he is home and has the oppurtunity to get well. I am hopeful that today was the worst day and that he will be better by Friday. I know all of this wears on him as well.
I am going to upload photos tomorrow.
Thanks to everyone for your comments. We look forward to reading them and appreciate all of you so much.
Happy New Year!!

3 comments:

gino215 said...

Your boys are following in the Urbanski's footsteps so far. We had an uneventful inc stay. Let's keep up the good work. I can't wait to see these little men. Praying for them everyday.

Sue said...

Dear Tracey and Bob,

So happy all of the boys are doing better. This blog idea is great and really helps people stay connected without ringing the phone off the hook. May your new year be filled with joy, laughter and many blessings. God Bless all of you. Sue

Ferran Porta said...

Hello,
I was just strolling aroun blogger and came up with your blog. I read some of the posts you're writing and felt like wishing you guys everything goes smooth and right.
Best wishes for the new year, for all of you,
greetings from Barcelona,