Friday, December 26, 2008

Today I went to the dr. to get my bloodwork checked. If it comes back ok I can stop one of the meds and just take the coumadin for 3 months. Which is good news since the other med consists of giving myself 2 injections a day. Which really sucks. After the dr. i went with my dad and sister Chrisanne to see the babies. Noah has been tolerating his feeds well and is up to 2 pounds 2 ounces which is almost his birthweight. It is normal for preemies, just like full term babies to lose weight the first week or 2 of life. He is still under the lights and Probably will be for another few days. Which apparently is quite normal. he isn't esating enough to pass the billirubin on his own yet. Mason is doing well also. He is almost at full feeds and as long as he tolerates his feeds tonight his pick line will be pulled. This is great news since the pick line is a long tube in his arm that goes into his belly I think with all the fluids and nutrients he needs. Once he is eating full feeds he doesn't need the fluids anymore. Plus the pick line is one more wire attadhed to him. He will be much more comfy without it. He has a little bit of puss in one of his eyes so they are giving him some ointment. They aren't sure what it is. Hopefully it will go away. I was able to hold him today. I wear a zipped up sweatshirt when I visit and I am able to put them inside my sweatshirt and hold them skin to skin. It is a truly amazing feeling. The nurse told me that if the baby needs any kind of antibodies or is fighting an infection the skin to skin contact makes me create what he needs in my milk. Pretty amazing huh? Plus my body has the ability to determine the temperature that he needs. If he is too cold or hot my body will actually adjust my tempertature to eiterh warm him or cool him down. Pretty amazing. Mason is up to 2 pounds 12 ounces, almost his birthweight as well. Justin had his echo today and his vessel is completely closed!!! Great news. So he started eating again today and will hopefully be able to tolerate it a little better. He was having some issues before the medications He gained a little weight also, he is 2 pounds 11 ounces which is good. I saw Dr. Wade today. She has been their primary for the past week and a half. She goes back to CHOP for a rotation so the primary dr. will change. I will miss her. She has taken such good care of them. My dad got a new camera for Christmas and he was able to take some pretty amazing pictures. As soon as I get them I will post them on the blog.
Bob and his sister Marianne went to see the babies tonight. No major changes. In this case, boring is good:-)
Logan is getting used to the fact that I can't pick him up. he is such a good boy!! I can't wait till I can run around with him again. Seems like it has been forever since I have been able to do anything!! Considering how big I got when I was pregnant moving around was not easy! I definitely walked a lot today and am hurting a bit tonight. I am looking forward to sleeping in tomorrow since Bob will be off from work.
Hope everyone is enjoying their holidays!! I can't believe 2008 is almost over. I am certainly looking forward to the new year.

No comments: