Sunday, February 15, 2009

The boys have been hone for 3 days now. Bob and I are exhausted. We love having them home and not running around to the hospital but wow, it is tiring!! And they are sleeping a lot now so I am thinking it will get much worse before it gets better! We do have some help lined up this week so we should be able to get some rest. And my parents get here Feb 26th.
So far we have learned that Noah sleeps with one eye open. Looks like he is going to be the protector. He is awake A LOT for a little guy. That is probably why he is so small because he burns all his energy staying awake. Like his big brother he is afraid of missing something! Mason sleeps really well. He is much more mellow and and not as high maintenance which is good for us since we are running a zone defense. Justin is in between. He has some major reflux issues so we are trying to find the right nipple, the right formula etc for him. He does not do well with breast milk and throws up every other feeding it seems. We go to the pediatrician on Tuesday so we will see if they prescribe anything that might help him. He takes the longest to feed since he needs to stay upright for at least 20 minutes after eating and it doesn't work to put him in a car seat or anything. He has to be held on your shoulder. So we try to feed Mason and Noah first so we can dedicate more time to Justin since Noah and Mason usually go right to sleep afterward and don't spit up as much at all. We are on the 4,8,12 schedule which works around Logan's schedule. That way we have time to give him dinner and play with him while they sleep. Friday my friend Kim came to help us. She folded laundry, put in the bumpers and helped with feeding. What a difference it makes to have another set of hands. Yesterday we had a ton of help from my sister Allison and our neighbors John and Lorraine and their daughter who just flew over from England. They adore Logan and play with him while we feed the babies. It is so much easier when you have one adult per baby but that obviously isn't always possible.
Logan has been wonderful. He smiles and points to the babies and says hi and bye to them. He was very good this morning while we fed them but I can tell he is a little sad when we are not playing with him. He really is a great kid. My sister Chrisanne is coming down from NYC to help this afternoon and tomorrow. I have my leg ultrasound tomorrow and find out Wed. if I can stop the coumadin!!! That would be so great. Especially becasue if I don't I have to get weekly blood draws and will have to find help for my mom and dad so I can go out each week.
That's all for now. Lorraine took Logan to the park and the babies are waking up so I have to run.
I want to say thank you to so many people who have helped us, sent us gifts and good wishes. My neighbors Debbie and Joan who brought us food. I am very diligent about writing thank you notes but know it will take me a long time before I get them to you so please know how much we appreciate everything you have done for us.

3 comments:

Gramps said...

Sounds like you have things under control. It's amazing how unique they all are, and how quickly they develop personalities. Mom and I are counting the days. Now that the main computer is repaired, we can do the "Kidz Cam" if you ever get the time or inclination. Love you so much. See you soon.

Unknown said...

Hey Bob and Tracey Glad to see all is well and the "guy's" are doing good. Tracey all you have to do is believe you can handle it and you will. Love to all!!!!Nancy Venturo

leslie said...

I can't wait to get there and help.!!!! Keep us posted on how things are going. I'll be e mailing your mom once she gets back up there. We are so happy for you and Bob.