Thursday, February 19, 2009

Hello everyone, it has been a week since the boys have been home. Yesterday was our first pediatrician visit. What a production. It takes us forever to get out of the house! Especially with Logan. Everything went well. The babies have gained a good amount of weight. Mason is 6 pounds 5 ounces, Justin is 5 pounds 13 ounces and Noah is 5 pounds 1 ounce. They are getting so big! They got shots at the Pediatrician which is always tough. Although, 8 week shots are better than the 18 month ones. I cried when Logan got his becasue he knew what was going on. The babies just passed out. Except Noah who of course needed to see what was going on. Monday night we had a night nanny come and help out. I slept and Bob was up with her until 3 and then he slept and I got up. It was nice to have 5 hours of straight sleep. Noah, however, was up for like 2 hours crying and fussing. It was a bad night. So it was good we had the nanny. She held him and Bob was able to take care of the other 2 when they got up.
This is Bob writing now. I cannot believe it has only been a week since the boys came home. I feel like it has been 3! It is harder than I thought it would be. We have a nice routine down right now. They feed at 4, 8, 12..Every 4 hours and eat about 13-16oz / day. They are gaining weight which is great. Mason is the big load who just eats and sleeps. He is probably the biggest because he does not burn any calories doing anything. He can pretty much hold his head up on the boppy right now during "tummy" time. He is pretty strong. He has only had 1 bowel movement since last Thursday. That is making me worried. We may have to provide some stimulation for him to go. Justin had his bloodwork and his hemoglobin was 7.9 when he left the hospital. The Dr. took it and it went up to 11.7! That was great news. He still looks pale, but we think that just may be the way he is going to be. Mason is olive color so they look much different. Justin is usually pretty calm and still has some reflux issues. We have to hold him upright for about 20-30 minutes after each feed. Noah is a little noise maker! All he does it grunt and groan. He sleeps during the day a bit and is up at night. He is the smallest of the 3, but eats the most and is awake the most. He burns those calories up so he never grows! They all look so different from each other. I miss playing with Logan and not having that much energy to do anything. Things are getting better as the days pass and we get more efficient with the feedings. Tracey actually let me sleep from 1:30-5:00 am this morning. She did the 4am feeding all by herself! I know she was motivated from the NICU nurse who stayed the other night and helped us out. I am going to try it tonight, but let's be honest. I know I will tell her that they were easier for her and they are being so difficult for me so I will need help! Just kidding. I am looking forward to trying it. We have to be able to do this because I go back to work in about a week. I have no idea how I am going to function. I feel so out of touch with work. I had intentions of working a few days from home, but I really just have no time and am so tired. Enough wining from me, I hear it enough from the boys all day. All of our friends and family have really made this past week tolerable and easier. Thank you is not enough for the time and help that everyone gives. I cannot wait for the weather to get better...All Logan keep doing is pointing out the window and front door and yelling "outside" but it sounds more like "side" with him pointing. It is so much fun watching him learn new words and develop more of a personality. Tracey is going to take a nap so I am on duty now. Talk to everyone later!

No comments: