Sunday, February 8, 2009

Turns out no one is home yet! What a crazy couple days. Justin and Mason both passed their sleep studies but Justin had a brady yesterday morning. Noah has had 2 Brady's in the last 24 hours. They have not needed stimulation and come out on their own but the Dr. is being cautious. Which I really appreciate. I don't want them to come home if they aren't ready. We spent the day yesterday getting everything ready to pick Justin up in the afternoon. We found out around 1 that he wasn't coming. My sister Chrisanne had come down from NYC and Allison came over to help as well. My friend Kim came down Friday and gave me an infant CPR and choking class since I haven't had my certification yet. We got the house pretty much ready which is a good thing so we won't be stressed when it really happens. The not knowing is a little difficult. Bob has to give some notice at work that he needs to take off and it is hard for the people who are going to help to have such short notice. I felt so bad because Allison asked what she could do this week and I just don't know. I guess I just have to plan each day that today will be the day.
All 3 of the boys are doing well they just have these small setbacks. It is interesting that some of the dr's are really aggressive and try to get them out of there and others are more conservative. I have to say, I was glad the conservative one was on yesterday. Tomorrow it is a dr I don't know so we will just have to see what happens. I spent a lot of time with Logan today. I am feeling so scared about how he is going to react and deal with this. He is such an awesome kid and I never want him to feel left out. Tomorrow he has a dr appointment so I am going to keep him home and spend the day with him and then go to the dr. in the afternoon. I will probably go to the hospital tomorrow night. I am supposed to call around 10 to find out what the deal is. At this point I would almost prefer they just release them all together at the end of the week. Giving them a couple more days to mature shouldn't be such a big deal but the insurance company is all over them to get them out. It pisses me off. They were calling all day Friday trying to get info from the nurses about whether they were being released.

Leslie, I read your comment, thank you so much. I would love if you came in March. I know that I will need the help especially with my mom gone. I have lined up some help 3 overnights per week and am hopefully going to have someone with me during the days too. I know I will need to have someone with me all the time at least for the first couple months.

I am feeling less scared but I don't know why. I guess because I believe that whatever is going to happen will and all I can do is the best I can do.

I got some great pictures today that I will post tomorrow. They are on my sister's camera because of course, I never bought a new one. Need to get on that.

Thanks to everyone who has asked what they can do for us. I will say that once the boys come home any help is appreciated. As soon as I figure out what the heck is going on I will let you know!

2 comments:

Kim Gal #1 said...

Hey guys,

I'm glad you have a little extra time to prepare. I felt bad yesterday that I couldn't help out much since I was running damage control with Liam but I'm glad I got to see you 2 days in a row! You can definitely count on my help the next 2 Fridays as I said and most likely Mon. 2/23 as well. I am so excited and nervous for you and so happy to be sharing this whole experience with you as well. We probably won't be able to complete a full conversation for at least the next 3 years with our 7 kids between us but I know it will be so much laughter, love, and craziness. I know the next few months will probably seem like a blur for you guys but I will help in whatever way I can and it's sometimes annoying when people say this but it truly does go by so quickly (even when those first few months seem neverending at times!) I will talk to you tomorrow...
Love you,k

gino215 said...

They will be home very soon. No matter what. These things happen. Rosina was suppose to come home on sat and didn't because she desated. I went there and fought to bring her home since I had the other 2 home they left her their until monday. I was so mad. But it was the best thing for her. Also the best thing for your boys. When they come home as I said before the first 2 month at least will go by so quickly and you will not remeber much of them. Here I am celebrating mine's 1st birthday it flies by. You will make it. Amazing little by little you can do it all by yourself too. It even becomes fun... I will come and help you without the kids one day too. Still praying for and the family.