Tuesday, February 3, 2009

I know my last entry was not particularly positive. I guess I just had a rough couple days. Thank you to all of you who reached out to me and helped me through. The boys are doing much better and I had a good talk with the Dr. which helped me to feel better about where they are.
Noah is over 4 pounds and feeding on demand. Basically that means he wakes up on his own to eat. He is a little piglet and they actually stopped fortifying his milk because he is gaining so well. The dr. said he thinks he might come home first! Can you believe it? He does have one issue that they did see when I was pregnant. He has what is called a duplicate system in his kidney. It means he has 2 tubes running from his kidney to his bladder instead of one. It can cause infection because the urine can travel back to the kidney. He has a test scheduled for Thursday and that will tell us if he will need to be on antibiotics basically forever. He will need to See urology pretty soon after he comes home. I am unsure of the potential long term affects but I am sure I will find out soon.
Justin is moving right along. He is at 4 and a half pounds and eating on demand also!! That just started today. Judy said he is doing really well. He took 2 ounces! He is maintaining his temperature and keeping his pulse and heart rate normal.
Mason came off the canula today. He was doing well when I last checked in but I will call one more time before bed to see how he is doing. He is starting to take bottles at almost every feed but is still on the 3 hour schedule. He is 5 pounds 2 ounces!
They moved all 3 of them into one crib so they are all lined up next to each other. It is so cute!!
We did not get to have the family meeting yesterday because of scheduling conflicts but I did speak to the Dr. for a while. I asked him about Noah’s bradys and if he thought they were an issue. He really didn’t seem worried. He said it can happen and it is not necessarily an indication of anything except immaturity. I asked him about Mason still being on the canula and he said the same thing. Basically they are 28 week triplets and they are going to progress at their own rate. Do’t get too caught up in the few setbacks especially since they really have done so well. Apparently white males have the highest risks when born premature so for all 3 to have progressed so well is amazing.
The dr. seems to think next week the boys may start to come home. I am scared to death!! We are going to meet with the dr. on Sunday and talk about what that will mean. We will need to get things in order this weekend. We have so much to do!! I am glad it is going to be warm. Then I can take Logan outside with me as I go through all the stuff in our garage.
Logan is doing well. He had a nasty reaction to his flu shot and got hives all over. It was so sad!! Then he got a bad cough. I kept him home yesterday and we hung out together. My sister Allison who always comes to my rescue came over at 4 to babysit so I could at least get to the hospital for a little while. I knew I couldn't’t go today because I worked so I needed to get there!! They looked so amazing in the crib. I still can’t believe they are my babies. It is hard to only be pregnant for 28 weeks. Seems like I didn’t quite get used to it.
I just called for an update. All of them are doing well. Mason had 2 brady's this morning that required stimulation. Sharon didn't tell me about those. Probably because she knew I couldn't come in and didn't want me to worry but I am concerned. They ordered a CBC tomorrow I guess to make sure he is making enough red blood cells. And to make sure he doesn't have an infection. His nurse tonight told me he doesn't fit in the preemie clothes anymore cause he is over 5 pounds! I wasn't prepared for that!! What a ham.

I am very nervous for them to come home. I want them here so bad but I am so afraid they will have a brady here without monitors and I won't know. I have a feeling I am never going to sleep again!

My parents are coming back from Florida soon and I am excited for them to get here. It always seems better when you have such great support.

I am going to try to sleep a little longer tonight and maybe not get up to pump. I am starting to get very tired of it and am considering stopping. I know I won't keep it up and it would be nice to sleep through the night one last time before they all come home!!

2 comments:

gino215 said...

ok sleepless nights there will be many. this is the true coming from a triplet mom. So scarred every night of my life it will never go away something you get use to. That fear will never go away.it will be there forvere.fear that they are will brady.lol Remind me to tell you the story about when I woke Don up because I thought he was bradying in his sleep. It just means you are wonderful mom.If want to stop pumping then go ahead you did a good job and gave them 2 great months almost. Neosure is just as good look at my kids.Call me if you want to chat.

Anonymous said...

Girl, get your rest. You have done a phenomenal job and are an incredible mommy. Those boys are going to be so happy at home with their mommy, daddy and big brother, I'm sure they will flurish. I'm sure they'll be happy to not have people poking and prodding them all the time! I am around whenever you need me to chat, just call my cell. I can't wait to hear the upcoming news! Love you guys!