Thursday, January 1, 2009

Happy New Year! We are so looking forward to 2009! Yesterday I went to the hospital with our friend Rita. Rita has triplets also and delivered at 28 weeks. Her babies are 10 months old now and Bob and I took great comfort knowing they are strong and healthy. Before i delivered the babies Bob kept saying to me, Rita's babies are healthy and beautiful and ours will be too. It was nice to take her to see them. I know it brought back memories for her and it was good to talk with her about everything. The boys were good and i held justin for a bit. I knew bob was going after work and so I asked them to hold mason's feed so he could hold him. Justin had a couple brady's while we were there. Noah and mason were fine. Bob went to see them with his dad and held Mason. We called after midnight to wish them a happy new year. Justin had been having a rough night. he had a several A's and B's as they call them. (that refers to Brady's and Apnea's) The nurse said he looked like a dishrag. i didn't appreciate the reference. Bob actually told the charge nurse she had said that. It's just not appropriate to make that reference to a mother. The charge nurse apologized and said that she was one of their best nurses. Still, it wasn't very nice. But she meant he looked pale and sick. They were waiting for the blood to transfuse him. Noah and Mason were fine. This morning i called and the transfusion had helped Justin a lot and he was having a much better day. Bob went to see them this afternoon with his mom, sister and brother. I spent the day with logan which was really nice. He is finally feeling better and I knew he was having a hard time this week. eveytime the doorbell rang he would yell NO because he knew it meant I was going to leave. It felt good to stay with him. All 3 of the babies were doing well. They are all increasing their feeds which is great. I can even bring in more milk which has taken over our freezer!! They all have minor episodes. A's and B's here and there but nothing to be concerned about. I love boring updates!! I just called to get the night time update before I go to bed. Noah had a bit of an aspirate at 9 so they held his feeding but we'll see how that goes at the midnight feed. he is on day 9 of the 10 day advance which is great. Both Mason and justin are doing well. the nurses said they felt like they had no news. Which again was fine with me!!
Tomorrow I will go see them early in the morning while my sister watches Logan. That way I can spend the afternoon with him. I feel so torn. Starting next week I will be able to drive and that will help so i don't have to rely on people to drive me around.
Happy NEw Year to everyone. I hope you all have a healthy and happy 2009!!

1 comment:

Kim Little said...

Tracey and Bob - Happy New Year. Wishing you all a healthy, uneventful year in 2009. Kiss the boys for me. Kim