Monday, January 19, 2009

I have to start today by bragging about Logan. He hasn't gotten enough press:-) Today he said his second 2 syllable word. well, does Elmo count? He says that and apple. And Oh my God, it is the cutest thing!! Plus he tried broccoli and a pickle. For him that is a huge deal. Maybe we are on the way to eating meals!!!

As for the boys, I saw them today and I cannot believe how much they are growing. At this point you can see the changes day to day. Bob went to the hospital yesterday and I spent the day with Logan so i had not seen them and I could see a difference. Mason is 3 pounds 15 ounces. yup, almost 4 pounds!!! which is huge! His (fabulous) nurse Sharon also told me he is 19" long! I haven't thought of asking about their length because i have been so concerned with weight. He was 16" at birth. He is having fewer and fewer brady's, in fact he will go almost 24 hours without one. He still has dsats and so they have decided to keep him on the nasal canula for a little while longer. Since he is at 21 percent I really don't mind the extra days. Apparently excessive oxygen can cause damage in preemies. I asked about it today and Tanya, Noah's (wonderful) nurse explained that it usually only happens if babies are on vents for extended periods of time. Oxygen is a drug and can cause problems in the retna. Anyway, 21% is room air and so there is no extra being pumped in. The canula simply adds pressure to make sure the lungs are expanding. He looks adorable and I held him today along with little Noah.

And Little noah is up to 2 pounds 13 ounces!! He is getting up there chasing his brothers!! He is still on the canula and having fewer brady's. he still has a few but they are decreasing everyday. While I was holding both of them Noah reached his little hand over and held Mason's hand. It truly brought tears to my eyes. I love when I hold them together. They are always separated in their isolets and so when i can have them right next t eachother skin to skin I feel like they make each other stronger.

Justin is now 3 pounds 6 ounces and hopefully on the upward swing with the weight. He came off the canula again today and seemed to be doing really well. Barely any brady's. Since he had just come off shortly before I came in his nurse Lisa didn't want to take him out. I don't mind when they do that. I always want to do what is best for the babies even if it means I don't hold them that day. He will get some extra love tomorrow!!

All three will begin to get wheened off the caffeine and both justin and Mason will come off the feeding pumps. Since they are coming up on 34 weeks gestational they will begin to take a bottle soon. How exciting is that? I can't wait to feed them. They are also starting to maintain their body temperature better and that means they will come out of the isolets soon.

I keep waiting for the bomb to drop as each day seems to be better.

I feel like I might be getting a cold and that makes me very nervous. I am torn about whether I should go in to visit tomorrow or wait and see if a cold develops. I would be devastated if i gave any of my babies anything!! I guess I will see how I feel in the morning.

Thanks for the comments on the pictures. Bob and I need to get a new camera so we can take some good ones. Ours is now broken and so most of the pics are looking horrible!

Hope everyone is doing well. Thank you for all your support!!

1 comment:

amc said...

I can't wait to see the little troopers - but I have to wait till this damn cold goes away!! I must agree - Logan's vocabulary - though limited - is soooo cute! Love you guys so much!!!!!!