Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Today was a much better day. Theresa and Tanya were the babies' nurses and they are both wonderful. I held all three of them together again. What a great feeling. They decided to transfuse Noah today (thanks to Tanya). I just called to check in and he is doing great. He is on the nasal canula and tolerating his feeds. he is up to 2 pounds 10 ounces!! I can't wait to see him tomorrow!! Mason is doing well. only 4 brady's in 24 hours. I spoke to his nurse tonight and she said that is more than normal for his gestational age. (32 weeks) He is at 3 pounds 9 ounces, and doing well with his feeds. Justin gained 50 grams last night but stayed the same today. He needs to start gaining. They started again to fortify his milk up to 22 calories. i am hopeful that will start to bulk him up. I told him today he needs to start gaining.
I asked the nurse today what the criteria is for them to come home. She said that weight plays a part, most of the time 4 and a half to 5 pounds is the general weight but they have to go more than 24 hours with no brady's in order to go home. They have to be taking a bottle and able to maitian their temperature. They also make sure they can tolerate sitting in the car seat. most seats are not made for babies so small. It never occured to me to check the weight requirement on the car seats. Generally they go home between 36 and 40 weeks gestational. So that will bring us to between the beginning of February to the beginning of March. So about 4-8 weeks.
My friend kim came to the hospital with me and saw the babies for the first time. I was so glad to have her there. I do wish we lived closer together.
Logan is doing fine. Bob had to work late tonight so our neighbor Lorraine came over to help me with logan. I try not to lift him too much as I do not want to split my incision. Although it is feeling much better. logan adores her and was very happy to play with his Antie lolly. Plus she brought me English chocolate which is heaven!!
Tomorrow I have to get my labwork done and I am really hoping it is stable and I will only have to go once a week going forward. We'll see!!
Hope everyone has a great night. again, thanks to everyone for their support. It really gets me through each day.

1 comment:

Gramps said...

Great to hear the boyz are doing better. Now I know why I never liked rollercoasters! So glad to see them putting on the oz's. Give them a squeeze for mom and me.
Love, Dad