Tuesday, January 6, 2009

I spoke to the ICN a couple times last night. My doctor said I will likely have to stay away for 5 days. It is such a horrible feeling to not be able to go see them. I know they are being well taken care of but I just want to hold them and see for myself how they are doing. The nurses updated me and all three seem to be doing well. Justin threw up his 6 PM feed last night. Not quite sure what happened there. He tolerated his 9PM and only threw up a little of his midnight. I asked the nurse ifshe thought he had a problem and she didn't think so but of course I will know more when I call this morning after rounds. He is holding steady at around 3 pounds which is great. his IV came out yesterday and that of course casued him to lose 40 grams. He is back on CPAP and doing well with that. When I called at 3 AM his nurse Ellen said he looked like he was relaxing on a beach. Mason is doing great. They added calories to his food so hopefully he will start putting on the weight. he is doing well on the nasal prongs at around 24 percent oxygen. Room air is 21% so considering he is on the prongs, that's pretty good. Noah is doing better. They didn't change anything for him other than making sure that the secretions are suctioned more regularly as that seems to coincide with the brady's. he had a good night with no brady's. He is up to full feeds and they have started to add calories. He is hovering at 2 pounds 4 ounces so they are really wanting him to gain some weight.I hope the addd calories do it. He is such a little peanut. I am a little worried about justin and his feeding but hopefully he doesn't have an infection or anything and it was just a random event.

Tonight there is a support group for parents of children in the ICN. I am going to go and see what it's about. Maybe it will be good to talk to other parents going through the same thing.

My parents are headed back to Florida tomorrow. I am so sad to see them go. They have been such a tremendous help to us along with my sister Allison and Chrisanne when she comes down from NYC. They have been here for 3 months and I have gotten used to having them around. I know they will be back when the babies come home (i will certainly need the help) but it has been nice having them so close. I know they are anxious to get out of this cold weather though. I am sick of winter already!!

That's all for now.

1 comment:

gino215 said...

sorry i haven't been on the blog my kids had a cold. they are better now. so it has been some ups and downs but nothing major which is great. They are growing great. Fyi dinner is this thurs for trip moms too. Keep up the good work. The boys were so handsome.Can not wait to visit again.