Sunday, January 25, 2009

The weekends just fly by. I can't believe it is Monday again. Friday the TV guy finally came only to tell me he couldn't do anything becasue he couldn't lift the TV. I can't even go into it becasue I will spend 10 minutes complaining about how annoying it was. Needless to say, I went to the hospital late but was able to hold all 3 boys together for an hour. Noah had a pretty serious Brady while I was hoilsding him. I couldn't tap his back becasue my arms were pinned holding all 3. Theresay, Mason's nurse came over and had to actually flick his back to get him breathing again. It was one of the scariest moments I have had in the ICN. But he came back and all was well. I must have looked petrified becasue Theresa was like are you ok? Other than that, all was well and I got that beautiful picture of all 3 of the boys.
Yesterday Bob visited them during the day and he fed Noah and Justin their bottles. Noah is sucking them down like a champ. Justin is not so interested. Looks like he might be the lazy one of the crew. But we will keep trying. Mason had been moved into a crib which was pretty exciting!! Bob and I went to dinner with our neighbors Sat. night so we took them to see the babies before we went out. The visit was short but I was glad they were able to see them. They haven't been there since I was in the hospital with the clot. When we got there Christine, Mason's nurse came right up to us to let us know Mason had to go back on the nasal canula. It was a little upsetting. He had been dsating a lot and just needed the help. I tried not to ponder it and just figured he needed a little longer to get there. We had a wonderful dinner and I actually had my first glass of wine in 8 months. Lovely!!
Today I went to the hospital this morning with my sister Allison. She has a had a cold so she hasn't seen the boys in a while. She got some good pictures and had a good visit with the nephews. Unfortunately, the Dr. approached me while I was there and told me that Mason had bloodwork done and one of te levels that indicates infection was elevated. They were going to start antibiotics immediatley and send blood out to be cultures and try to find out what is going on. I was and am so upste and worried. Christine made me feel a little better becasue she said his CBC was niormal and he was just slightly anemic which they really all are. We will have the preliminary results tomorrow afternoon but won't really know what is wrong for 72 hours. As a result he went back into the isolet. I am scared for him.
On a positive note, I actually breast fed Noah today. For such a little guy he sure has a big apetite. He did great and it was a nice little bonding time for us. After I sat with Mason and held him after they put the IV in his tiny little arm. It amazes me that they can find a vein. He cried so hard when they stuck him and it broke my heart.
Justin was a little neglected today I feel like though he slept peacefully through the whole thing! Tomorrow I will have some one on one time with him and possibly try to breast feed him.. Since he doesn't really like the bottle I am not sure he will be very interested but we shall try.
We called for the update tonight and all 3 have gained weight. Mason is 4lbs 9oz, Justin is 3 lbs 15 oz and Noah is 3 lbs 5 oz. All really good news. Minimal brady's and Mason is only dsating after he eats. Hopefully the cultures will come back normal and it will all have been a fluke lab result. Suhail, Mason's nurse said he looked great and realy was acting like himself. So whatever is going on maybe we caught it early.
I am exhausted today. Logan is nuts nd keep me on my toes. He is such a sweet boy. My sister Allison babysat last night and she said he was absolutely perfect. I love nights like that and I am so glad she had one with him.
I am off to bed so I can get a little sleep before getting up to pump. Ahhh, the joys of motherhood:-)
Hope everyone has a wonderful night.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thinking of you guys. U r all in my prayers, they r just adorable!!
love,Dana

Anonymous said...

They are beautiful!!!! xo, Candice