Thursday, January 15, 2009

I saw Noah's face!! He is so cute. I had to hold him today. I felt like with all he had been through he needed some mommy time. Of course he had like 5 brady's while I was holding him. I was so nervous they were going to put him back on that damn CPAP. But his nurse Tanya said they would try a couple other things first. I called back later in the afternoon and she said he had been doing fine. Guess he just wanted to totally freak me out! They all had their heads scanned again just as a follow up and they were all normal. So good news!! They had eye exams yesterday and Justin has an infection. Of course I feel like I gave him pink eye but the nurse was like there is no way. Still, I felt like crap. When I called back in the afternoon Judy told me justin drank from a bottle! Only like 2cc but sill that is a huge step. She said it completely knocked him out and she said we might need to wait a little longer before trying again but he was able to breath while sucking which is a huge undertaking for him. She kept the bottle so i can have a souvineir for him. I was glad Judy was the first to give him a bottle. I mean if it couldn't be me of course. They are 33 weeks gestational today so they are really maturing fast.
We called tonight for an update and Mason is 3 pounds 11 ounces!! He is huge. Well, it is all relative. Justin lost a little weight again. Very upsetting. We also found out he has a hemangioma (however that is spelled) on his face. It's not a big deal but it could get really big and he would need to have it removed surgically. That wasn't very good news. He has one on his leg too. They are not positive that's what it is but you can't really tell at this point since he is so small.
Noah has been doing well on the canula and they did not put him back on CPAP. good news:-) He did have a few brady's but nothing significant. Seems like the transfusion really did help him so I am quite happy they did it. He looked great today. Very pink!!
I will be going back to work until the babies come home. I will work part time so that I can still see the babies everyday. i cannot imagine not getting to see them at least for a couple hours.
tomorrow Bob and i are going to go at night so we can help bathe them and meet the night nurses. we talk to them all on the phone but don't really know them.
Logan ate really well today which is quite a feet for him so all in all a good day!! I keep reminding myself to celebrate days like today because who knows what tomorrow will bring.

2 comments:

Lorraine & John said...

Hi Tracey & Bob

Great to hear that the boys are doing well. Please don't worry about the hemangioma as 90% of them disappear as they get older. One appeared on Jenny's arm when she was a few days old and it was huge. John and I were so worried. We thought about surgery but decided against it and I'm so glad we did. It took a few years to fade and involute and now you can hardly see it.

gino215 said...

Happy 1 month b-day to the boys. They hemangioma I wouldn't lose to much sleep over. I would just keep in eye on it most of them fade away. A bottle that is wonderful. What a champ!!!! Smart move to go back to work and save your time. I am so happy that they tranfused Noah I am glad he is pink too. Logan keep up the good eating. It is a cool feeling to hold all 3. Cherish those time because that does last forever now mine are to big at 11 months. :)